Eid Special: 11 top places to relish festive meal in DelhiSmriti Saxena
Have a scrumptious meal on the festive day. You could go out or call in, from fine dining to pocket friendly places – we have got everything covered. Enjoy!
Authentic and pocket friendly:
- Jama Masjid: Definitely tops every list when it comes to having kebabs, ghosht, khameeri roti and all the delectable Mughlai delicacies you can think of. Try the umpteen kabab points around the area and if you are not full sit in one of the quaint restaurants. Recommended places to visit: Al Jawahar, Dil Pasand Biryani, Mote Pehalwaan ki Biryani and Karim’s. No matter whatever you eat, finish your meal with Shahi tukra and/or phirni.
- Nizamuddin: Another area where there are many amazing places to eat. You will find a Kashmiri spread at Gulfam Kashmiri Wazwan where the Yakhni is a must try. Walk down the road towards the Dargah to find umpteen kabab and roasted chicken counters where people line up every evening. Ghalib Kabab Corner is one of the most well-known of the lot. One of the star seller in the area is also Moradabad Ki Mashhoor Biryani Ki Puraani Dukaan
State houses :
- Andhra Bhawan, Uttar Pradesh bhawan & Hyderabad House : We are already in love with their thali menu and curries and even their stellar Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani. Food that you can relish on the occasion: Kheema Lukmi (Mutton puffs) and Biryani, Haleem and Qubani Ka Mitha – an apricot based dessert.
- Dum Pukht, ITC Maurya Sheraton : This is it. The amazing awadhi cuisine is a delectable bait for anyone. One of the highly recommended dishes is the parda biryani .
Popular restaurants in other parts of Delhi:
- Kolkata Biryani House – CR Park: People who dig all things Bengali cannot ever have enough of this place. The Kolkata style biryani made with mildly flavored rice, meat and potatoes that this place sells has no other match in the city.
- Al Bake – New Friends Colony: Anyone and everyone in Delhi knows about the amazing Shawarma at Al Bake in the Community Center Market in. The place is always crowded and you may have to wait for the order, but it is totally worth it. The joint is pocket friendly and the creamy curd chutney will have you licking your fingers.
- Delhi 6 – Delivers food from Old Delhi – To say that Shibli Anis’s attempt to make the food within the walled city available to those outside it, is an understatement. All you have to do is visit the page and place your order 24 hours in advance. The Pakistani Biryani is much talked about.
- Biryani Blues – If you think of Hyderabadi biryani, you have to think of this place. Authentic taste, consistent quality and amazing service make it a favorite.
- Alkakori Alkauser – Multiple Outlets across Delhi- This place has taken it upon itself to bring the best Lucknowi dum biryani to your doorstep.
Bonus – Fatafat Biryani recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor