State of Art! 7 must shop state Emporiums in DelhiSmriti Saxena
Set perfect as string of pearls these treasure-filled state emporiums are perfect to take you on a shopping tour of India. Not only they can keep you busy for hours but right from cotton kurtas to stone carvings you can get it all, right here in Delhi.
At Baba Kharak Singh Marg, bang opposite the famous Hanuman Temple, there are 18 state emporiums, and here’s our top 7 picks:
- Zoon, Kashmir:
- What should you buy? papier mâché , carpets, apricot wood handicrafts and shawls;
- Rajasthali, Rajasthan:
- What should you buy? kurtas, scarfs, brassware, miniature paintings and puppets
- Gangotri, Uttar Pradesh:
- What should you buy? marble inlaywork, metal & wood crafts, chikankari work, zardozi
- Cauvery, Karnataka
- What should you buy? Mysore silks sandalwood sculptures, Bronze items, Teracotta arts, Sandal wood crafts
- Poompuhar, Tamil Nadu
- What should you buy? Bronze made stuffs, Tanjore Arts, Silk, metal statues; bronze lamps and idols.
- Utkalika, Odisha
- What should you buy? handicrafts, sculptures stone carvings.
- Manjusha, West Bengal:
- What should you buy? Silk & cotton sarees such as batik, Kantha, Swarnachari, Tant, Dhakai, Jamdhani, Tangail, Dhoneokali, Shantipuri, Begumpuri, Korial and Garad; also buy Darjeeling tea and brass products