3 things that will happen in Delhi soon!Smriti Saxena
Like Ola and Uber you will now be able to book bus seats on smartphones
- What is it? The Delhi government has notified the app-based premium bus services that will enable Delhiites to book seats in buses through smartphone. It’s something as you book an Uber or an Ola cab.
- When? Effective mid -June in Delhi – NCR. However, this service will only be available for air-conditioned buses. Yes, those low floor red coloured ones.
- What else? You will also find two CCTV cameras, Wi-Fi and GPS in each bus.
- How will you use it? You will be required to find buses going towards your destination and thereafter you can book their seat through their phone. Five minutes before the departure, bus aggregators will close the bookings and display a list of passengers. Drivers of the vehicle will not allow other passengers in the way who have not booked their seats. No passengers allowed to stand, so be rest assured that you will have a seat.
So, happy travelling!
First AIIMS-like institution on Ayurveda
- What is it? All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) will be opened at Jasola in Delhi. It’s is going to be first of its kind AIIMS for Ayurveda.
- When? Few months from now. Stay tuned!
- What else? It will be a 200-bed hospital and is set to be a world class facility for treating patients
Dr. Kalam memorial at Dilli Haat
- What is it? A memorial on former President APJ Abdul Kalam’s life will be placed at our very own Dilli Haat.
- When? Likely to be inaugurated on 27 July 2016
- What else? This decision was taken following the request of A.P.J. Mohamed Muthu Meeran Lebbal Maraikayar, the elder brother of the former President in his letter addressed to the Chief Minister had requested for setting up a ‘Kalam National Centre for Knowledge Discovery’ in New Delhi.
Cover image: thetubdoc